Since I moved to Australia, I collected an amount of makeup that is too much for somebody who does not use it as a main source of income. Some are gifts, some are sent by companies but most are driven by sale.
I have a serious problem regarding makeup on sale. It feels so darn good when the packaging is undented, the palette untouched, the sponge pristine and the lipstick perfect – and I plan to keep it that way as long as I could. Actually, I still keep some of the packaging so just in case I would be giving them away to friends, I will just slip them back in their box.
That is why I want to take part in Project Pan with thousands of people around the world. This has been going on for a long time. I just I recently saw this on Instagram. One of the people I follow is doing this every week. I thought, why not? One thing is for sure: this is going to be a real challenge for me. Project Pan is for both makeup and skincare. Contrary with collecting makeup, I only have a couple of skincare products to get me by.
Before anything else, what happens in Project Pan?
Project Pan is a plan to hit [the] pan on as many products as possible, which even refers to products which don’t have a pan such as liquid foundation, tubes or bottles of skincare – Beauty Heaven user Misfortune8
For this challenge, I have set some personal rules I want to stick by in the coming months:
- I will only use the makeup on my tray for the whole week.
- Lipsticks are an exception. It will always be based upon my mood, event and eye look.
- In case I am filming tutorials and taking photos for blog purposes, I can use other makeup base besides the one on my tray.
- I will lessen buying makeup but if so, I will be more conscious.
- My focus is to reach the pan so it is possible that I would use some of my current selection until next week.
- I will unsubscribe to (some) makeup newsletter. Y’all know letting go is hard.
So here, let me show you my first makeup tray for the Project Pan:
- Foundation: Nude by Nature Natural Mineral Cover (Beige)
- Concealer: Rimmel London Wake Me Up Anti-Fatigue (Soft Beige)
- Bronzer: Revlon Bronzer (Sun/Soleil)
- Highlighter and Blush: Revlon Highlighting Palette (Bronze Glow/Eclat Bronze)
- Finishing Powder: ELF Perfect Finish HD Powder (Clear)
- Eyebrow: Colourette Browfessional Waterproof Eyebrow Pencil (Ash)
- Eyeliner: ELF Precision Liquid Liner
- Lips: Anything, baby!
This tray is more of an everyday makeup collection. I only have a few makeup items right now since I will be using powders for my base (mineral foundation, bronzer and highlighter) so I guess there is no need to bake the cake for now.
I really hope I can continue this as long as I can. Not only I will be saving money from doing this, but also help myself control my urge to buy more makeup.
You are Pan-tastic!
- Instagram: @shakethembeauty
- Facebook: Shake Them Beauty
- Twitter: @shakethembeauty
- Instagram ASMR: @shakethembeauty_asmr
- Other Links: Affiliate Links